The Historic Towns Trust’s business model is based on the following principles:
- A capital sum is held in trust as the basis for the HTT’s recurrent annual expenditure
- The value of the capital sum will be at least maintained, and HTT seeks to increase it over time to £1 million
- Income generated from the capital sum is used to finance the everyday running of the Trust
- Capital growth above inflation is used to help initiate new HTT projects and activities
- The production of HTT outputs, including Historic Town Atlases, requires separate fund-raising plans, agreed between the Trust and partner(s), and signed off by the HTT board.